It is the mission, of the American Heritage Foundation (AHF) to promote patriotism and educate the public, particularly youth, about American History and the sacrifices made by members of our Military Services and their families while honoring and serving veterans from all branches of service.
The mission will be served by, but not limited to, the coordination and implementation of the following activities:
1. Building and maintaining a first-class facility, patterned after an US Army Motor Pool. It will be available to the public as a Military Museum and staffed sufficiently to maintain normal business hours.
2. Providing a “Living History” atmosphere by maintaining an inventory of vehicles and support equipment.
3. Utilizing and teaching members how to acquire, restore and maintain vintage military equipment so that symbols of American Military legacy will remain for future generations.
4. Participating in numerous regional patriotic parades and by displaying pristine, fully restored, US Military vehicles.
5. Participate in local festivals, ceremonies, and veterans funerals honoring our past, present and future members of the military.
6. Continuing to support and work with several museums in the local area.
. AHF has supplied equipment to the South Carolina Military Museums (SCMM) for their recent and highly successful gathering honoring the 75th anniversary of WWII D-day invasion and later the 75th Anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge.
.The Foundation will be providing, for up to two years, another museum with Vietnam Artifacts representing the Vietnam War.
7. Collaborating with Ft. Jackson the offering of transition training to soldiers' discharging or retiring from the military.
8. Work together with the local VA Hospital in assisting with the transitioning of service members with PTSD. AHF currently has members who have been actively engaged in this service and looks to expand these efforts. AHF’s goal is to inspire citizens to become motivated towards public service to their community, state and the nation.
9. Maintaining a Speakers List for organizations that would like a veteran speak to their group.